Monday, January 24, 2011

Writing Articles Online - Fight the Recession

Stop shouting, I can hear you - there is a recession going on. If you are reading this, you have experienced the down turn in this economy. You may have lost your job or you are not making enough money to meet your bills.

After spending years surfing the net, it finally occurred to me I had been looking at a gold mine and not even realizing it. Web content. All of the information on the net is written by someone. A lot of websites or web masters do not have time to write their own content. They use outside sources or what is termed as "freelance writers".

High demand is out there for unique, fresh, new ideas for content. Your content can be worth a good sum of money to these web masters or companies.

I started out by making a list of my hobbies, interests and subjects. I took my list and started doing tons of research. I even researched other articles to see their style and content. I then started writing practice articles. After I was comfortable with my writing, I compiled a list of websites that related to my list. I emailed my list a sample article and asked for consideration on their next writing assignment. That was two years ago. Now I write full time. It's like Christmas morning every day when I see my inbox filled with writing assignments.
In this area of internet opportunities, the recession is not an excuse or a reason to be unemployed or not making ends meet. You do not have to work cheap, economically, or for a low price or discount. The quality of your articles will dictate your prices. You do not have to invest capital or pay any up-front cost. There are no hidden costs in writing web content. You do not have to have a formal education or be a published author. If you can write on a 10th grade level, you can write web content. In fact, websites prefer simple conversational articles.

Writing an article is not rocket science. A good article is a small step, a bad article is wider than the Grand Canyon. A good article will bring you repeat business for years to come. Don't delay, start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment